Traineeship funds are available for preschool teachers of children with disabilities pursuing initial IECE certification.
Information for First Steps providers seeking IECE certification.
- Hold at least a baccalaureate degree.
- Attend a state university in Kentucky having a state approved IECE teacher certification program.
- Be enrolled in a planned program of studies leading to Kentucky certification in IECE.
- Not be an employee of the Kentucky Department of Education.
- Not be certified in the area for which they are applying.
- Not be a recipient of another traineeship, scholarship, or fellowship for tuition for the courses for which a Division of Early Childhood Development scholarship is awarded.
- Be an enrolled First Steps provider serving preschool age children birth to three.
Approved preparation programs include:
- Brescia University
- Campbellsville University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Kentucky State University
- Morehead State University
- Murray State University
- Northern Kentucky University
- University of Kentucky
- University of Louisville
- Western Kentucky University